Wednesday, April 10

 

This week's outgoing letters to Jacob (US) & Mickey in the Netherlands.♥ I've noticed inconsistency in the post recently, I'm hoping these 2 won't run into any sort of misfortune and reach its destination swiftly. 

Yesterday, I had a feeling that good things will come in the mailbox; sure enough, the postman brought a short letter from Jacob ( One of two letters that failed to turn up a couple of weeks ago) and an Amazing package from Chantal



I don't know about you, but Jacob's choice of stationery makes me feel like I'm receiving an important message or invitation from a royalty. The illustration in front of Chantal's package is sort of a timetable indicating the activity of each illustrated flower in a day. Very interesting and informative! I would love to show you every single thing that the envelope contained, but I was losing daylight and wanted to quickly take a few shots before relaxing on the couch to properly enjoy her letter and gifts. I also really liked the stamps she used, especially the one in yellow, which obviously failed to show up on camera due to my poor photography skills. 


 

So many wonderful papered surprises in the package, she also sent me sachets of tea (one of it called "Sunshine Tea"!) and some euro coins (I feel rich now. HAHA. Only kidding which were wrapped in smaller individual packages. It felt like Christmas morning all over again! I wonder if she did a DIY print of an original photograph of hers onto the canvas tote It is very pretty and I think I already know how to make it useful. :) 

Of course, what could be more curious and exciting than receiving a Hobbit themed publication? Tolkien Times - I'm amazed! 


 


"Maybe we are all a little Hobbit." Yes. Yes we areeeee. :3




While on vacation in London, she picked up a contact/business card during her visit to the Sherlock Holmes museum. How cool is that? Thank you so much Chantal, it really brought warmth and joy to a gloomy, mad-weathered day.

I have been a little slow with letter-writing and there are still plentiful of mail-related things I must attend to. I wish I could just concentrate on writing letters and putting exciting packages together for a living. Sadly, it isn't realistic enough, and I have to consider things like income and all that (dull) practical necessities. I'm quite relieved that I don't have a 9-5 (well, where I live it's more like 9-7 excluding overtime) job at the moment, although freelancing hasn't exactly been easy as pie or a bed of roses either. Better days are approaching I hope! :)   

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It is! :)I'm so thankful for all that she's given!

      Delete
  2. I'm so happy you have received it. <3
    I hope you'll have a lot of fun with all this stuff and yes, I printed a photo of the tote. I just did it with some organic cleaning agent and a laser printer. So I guess it's really ecologically friendly and stuff. :>
    *hug* ♡♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is really cool!:) Thank you so much Chantal! Your packages are always so fun to receive! ♥♥

      Delete