Tuesday, December 31


Last year, I had Neil Gaiman and King Kong as an ordinary Monday night transitioned into the awakening of a new year. This year, I contemplated on how I shall spend this supposedly crucial night, and whilst there are some letters waiting to be attended to, and I've thought of a couple of books I'd like to re-fondle, Sherlock seemed like a better option. A new year never truly excites me, the thought of (possibly struggling through) another 329 days until Christmas again is quite nerve-wracking. But of course that's just me being sceptical and neurotic. I must admit however, that as much as it dulls the heck out of me, I am rather looking forward to what 2014 will bring. I'm excited about actually having a plan that makes sense - one that my heart and mind have actually agreed on (so far), about writing more letters to interesting people around the world, but especially about wanting to be more disciplined with my creative progress. 

I also notice being mellower, selectively withdrawn every year; is this a sign of getting older, I wonder. Time remains a concept I have mixed feelings for, yet having an opinion about it doesn't change anything of it. 

2013, you were kinder than expected and presented some very pleasant things albeit the very, very rough start we both had. And tomorrow will feel like any ordinary day, except I'll have to put up with the possibility of having to force a smile each time I reply "I spent New Year's Eve in front of my laptop", or maybe even "I fell asleep before midnight!".

2014, surprise me positively. 

Have a wonderful new year everyone. ❤

2 comments:

  1. Goodness, I totally feel the same regarding New Year (well, December in general). Seeing people running around (me included) because of the festivities leaves me completely stressed and drained and unable to do anything else during those days. I'm glad that is all over now and that I can start working towards a more fulfilling year. Wish you all the best for 2014 Corey! (I'll be sending something your way soon, hope that is okay! I was really touched to receive your postcard, thank you again so much.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Thank you Andreia ❤ The month of December is a lovely, cozy one but yes, so very tiring and somehow everything passed esp quickly last Dec and I had all these tasks and emotions that needed sorting but didn't quite know how to get around it.
      I hope the best for you this year as well, I do. And that you'll find yourself steadily accomplishing your goals for 2014. :) It'll be a joy to received anything from you whenever fits your convenience, I need to also send you a little something to make up for my part of the little swap we did last year, I'm afraid it must have fallen into the postal abyss. Gah D:
      Have a merry, exciting new year!

      Delete