Sunday, March 15





After 2 years of stalking the SPSH project by Fab of snail mail love, I went ahead with signing myself on for this year's which took place in February. Initially, I had all these huge fantastic plans and assumed that I had plenty of time those couple of weeks to put everything together, but one thing after another happened, and I found myself left with less than a week to source and pack before deadline. I thought I did a pretty alright job despite being a bit rushed, and I had fun with the crafting.


From the given list of items to include in this Scavenger Hunt Mail, I chose : 
. The City Explorer's Kit
. Something That Represents You
. The Postal Freak's Kit
. Something Old Fashioned 
. Something To Read


The City Explorer's Kit

I made a folder filled with ephemera I collected recently and a few years back -Museum and event guides and flyers, postcards and vouchers, and a small packet of Saga Seeds I picked. ( Interesting fact : These little red saga seeds are sort of shaped like a heart and they grow on an Adenanthera pavonina tree. They were apparently quite a popular choice of gift among couples, I had no idea or maybe I forgot as I was too young to be interested and only collected them as a hobby )

The Postal Freak's Kit



A folder with paper goods to decorate mail or simply to include them in letters! My SPSH partner, Andrea, stated her liking for stamps, so I made sure to include a decent amount.

Something Old Fashioned | Something That Represents Me | Something To Read




Lastly, we were tasked to find a gift for our partner, and since Andrea is a craft and creative enthusiast, I got her a pretty roll of turquoise ribbon from a local craft shop. Hope she will make lovely things with it!


What I received :

2 things surprised me about the SPSH package I received; firstly it arrived even before I sent out mine, and that it was from a fellow S'porean! Sharleeen ( ig : Sharbunnzy)  sent me an envelope filled with very interesting ephemera, from beautiful postcards to nostalgic stickers from Midori. ( Interesting fact : I've meant to get similar stickers a long time ago, but never really got around doing so because I figured I'd end up hoarding anyway since it's a bad habit of mine, so when I saw that she included some of these stickers as part of the mail, I completely lit up. )


Something Old Fashioned

Something Oddly-Shaped

Bad Day Survival Kit

Something Quirky

Something To Read

A letter and a gift

Thank you Sharleen for selecting such lovely things for me! I honestly don't even know if I want to put any of them to use, simply because I don't wish to ruin what they already are. Thank you again! 

Did you take part in this year's Secret Penpal Scavenger Hunt? If you did, what is your favourite thing received in the package?

6 comments:

  1. This looks so amazing - both your parts. And also so full of fun. I saw this on Fab's blog but there was so few time. :(
    But now, after I saw what great opportunity it is to get creative again, I guess I will keep my eyes open for the next one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chantal! :) It certainly was a fun challenge to do, and I really would encourage all snail-mail lovers to take part at least once. Such mail swaps are full of excitement in general, I haven't done a swap in what seemed like ages, so I really enjoyed this one. (although I did get a little stressed up when I realise I was running out of time!)

      Delete
  2. wow, this looks amazing, so beautiful! :) what a lovely idea!
    this inspired me a great deal. it sounds like such a fun thing to do as well. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, it really is a lot of fun and I'm glad it inspired you ! :)

      Delete
  3. Oh shut up, you did a STELLAR job! *_* I love everything you made for Andrea, and they don't look rushed to the slightest :) thank you so much for sharing and for joining the swap, I knew you would have done a great job with it! Big hugs~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thank you so much for saying so, fab and thank you for organising this really amazing swap! Looking forward to the next one! Hug :D

      Delete