Wednesday, November 13


 

Have you ever seen or played with a Styrofoam bird glider when you were younger? 
As it is considered rare to find such toys anywhere these days, I excitedly grabbed a few last weekend when I chanced upon a tidbits store with walls stacked with familiar biscuits kept in old tins and a display of other nostalgic toys and candy. 


There are only four parts in a packet – body, wings, tail and a plastic clip. Instructions are given at the back, however even without it, the construction of a Styrofoam glider is quite a no-brainer really.  As mentioned on the packet, it is waterproof so you don’t have to worry if your bird falls into a puddle or gets caught in a tall tree and the sky signals the approaching of rain. But since I rather my neighbours not think I’ve completely lost my mind by getting drenched and flinging Styrofoam birds outside during this monsoon season, I decided to turn it into a hanging decoration instead. 
 


I made use of the pretty leaves I received from Madhura and Mickey, and also some loose sequins found in a drawer. 


 Ta-dah!

Initially, I intended to keep the rest of the bird gliders I purchased safe in their individual packet and add them into my collection of childhood-related things. But then I thought it’d be a shame to keep such an interesting old-time toy to myself, so I’d really like to give a packet away to a special reader/follower. The winner will get to choose one of these available birds : Jay, carrier Pigeon & Swallow. 




To enter, simply follow the instructions below :
a Rafflecopter giveaway

This Giveaway will end on the 27th of November, winner will be announced the following day, as well as contacted through email.

All the best & pleasant week to all!

9 comments:

  1. This is lovely Corey, love what you made with yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Andreia! To be honest, I was a bit surprised it turned out quite decent, normally I'd fail at "crafty" experiments. :3

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. You're welcome, thank you for taking part :)

      Delete
  3. thank you Corey for the giveaway... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you Corey for the giveaway... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome CC! Thank you for taking part :)

      Delete