

An old postcard of my father's, given by a friend of his during a holiday in Japan.
A photograph of a photograph of my great grandparents. I was unfortunately born too late and in a location too far away to meet any of my great grandparents, I cannot even imagine what sort of people they were. This is the only photograph I have of my great grandparents from the Evangelista side of the family, they were of mestizo ancestry and my great grandfather used to make beer out of sugarcane.

It's a very interesting insight of getting to know your ancestors. Do you think you can still trace some of your distant relatives if, let's say, you go there one day?
ReplyDeleteIt sure is. :)
DeleteI believe it is possible if I had the right information and finance to assist in tracing some of my very distant relatives. Once, I heard of being related to someone who was quite significantly known in the old days, however I cannot be fully certain as we have severed ties with that part of the family. Sounds harsh but history tells an even bitter story.
Do you know much about your great grand-relatives? or even great, great grand-relatives? :)
I know a bit about my great grand-relatives (from my Maternal side) and I find it very interesting as they are not originally from here. However, just as I was getting interested to know more, we have a group of them coming visiting us and the lost ties connected once again.Though we didn't occasionally met, but the connection is still there.It's like part of the puzzle has been solved but not the whole puzzle.
DeleteThat's wonderful! :) Thank you for sharing that with me, Aida.
Delete